A car accident is sudden, shocking, and stressful. They can leave you with many questions, one of the most common being, “Who is going to help me?”
Your car has sustained significant damage and needs to be repaired or replaced, and you may have even suffered injuries that require immediate medical attention. The cost and paperwork of both can be overwhelming, especially as you’re already trying to recover from the accident. However, you do not have to navigate this complicated process alone.
Choosing the right car accident attorney is essential in optimizing the outcome of your car accident case. So, should you consult with an attorney for your collision? Make an informed choice by learning about the potential legal complexities of insurance claims and the nuanced procedures involved in pursuing a car accident claim. Here's what you need to know.
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help With Your Claim?
When you hire a reputable car accident attorney for your case, they will handle the claims process from start to finish and represent you in court, if necessary. An experienced attorney will manage the following:
- Communicating with the other driver’s insurance company
- Helping gather and organize evidence of your accident to prove the other driver is at fault
- Investigating the cause of the collision
- Organizing your medical records and bills
- Presenting the evidence to prove liability and damages
- Negotiating the settlement with the insurance adjuster
- Maintaining communication with your medical provider to obtain all relevant medical records and provide the necessary information to prove damages in your claim
- Protecting your rights throughout the claims process and representing you in court if necessary
In addition, car accident lawyers provide the peace of mind that a seasoned legal professional handles your car accident case. They will evaluate every detail of your case to ensure you're fairly compensated for your injuries, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Is it Worth Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer After an Accident?
While some car accidents can be resolved between the victim and their insurance company, severe car accident cases warrant an auto accident attorney to ensure you receive the maximum settlement you’re entitled to by law. Often, insurance companies give policyholders a lowball settlement to keep more money in their pockets. The settlement may seem like a lot of money, but it may not cover medical expenses and long-term care related to the accident. Contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible if:
- Your accident has resulted in extensive injuries
- You had (or continue to have) substantial medical treatment that extends more than a few visits to the doctor
- You have suffered a permanent injury resulting in scarring, necessary surgery, or a permanent disability
On the other hand, you may not need an attorney if:
- Your accident only resulted in property damage. You pay monthly premiums for your insurance policy to cover property damage resulting from an accident, and it could pay for your vehicle repairs as long as you file a claim as soon as possible. If your adjuster finds the other driver at fault, they can even go after their insurance provider to cover your deductible, leaving you with zero out-of-pocket repair costs.
- You have a minor injury claim. These cases can often be handled without an attorney. Always make sure you're evaluated by a doctor after an accident, though, as injuries may worsen over time, requiring additional medical attention.
If you need help determining whether or not to hire an attorney, you can always schedule a free, no-obligation consultation to determine if it's worthwhile. At WPH Law, we’re here to lend our expertise and protect your rights after suffering injuries and losses in a car accident.
Car Accident Attorneys Trusted by Lancaster County
When you’ve been hurt or harmed in a car accident due to another driver’s negligence, you need an experienced car accident attorney to protect your rights and help you get back on your feet. WPH Law will thoroughly investigate your accident, gather and organize evidence and medical records, and ensure that all paperwork is filed on time to build a strong case on your behalf. Speak with us for free today.
Contact us by submitting a contact form or calling our office at 484-459-5075 for a free consultation.